Meringues are one of my favorite desserts, and the steps to making these sweet treats are super simple and easy! These meringues only require 4 ingredients to make, and best of all you might already have these in your kitchen. These are a great dessert to make for a special occasion, or a quick pick me up. Recipe by Chef Eric Crowley. Enjoy! – Lizzy
4 Egg Whites
1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees with the rack in the lower third of the oven.
2. Coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
3. With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until the mixture is in soft peaks form.
4. Very gradually beat in 1/2 cup of sugar, adding 1 tablespoon at a time until stiff and glossy. Add in food color as you please.
5. Drop 4 inch mounds of meringue onto prepared baking sheets, or put the meringue in a piping bag, to make the meringues into different shapes. Spread the meringues 4 inches apart.
6. Bake until dry but still white, about 1 1/2 hours, rotating the baking sheets halfway through. Let them cool on sheets.