As New York Fashion Week is coming to an end, I am still so obsessed with the Delpozo 2016 spring line. Designer Josep Font’s dreamy pastel collection graced the runway at the show. Here are some of my favorites so you can see for yourself!
At the beginning of the week Viv and I (Lizzy) visited Plant Food and Wine a vegan restaurant on Abbot Kinney in Venice. The atmosphere was incredible filled with white walls, marble tables, and succulents everywhere with a very sleek and minimal vibe. Everything tasted so fresh and healthy too! Viv and I shared the avocado toast, and I had the market greens salad with cherry tomatoes, fingerling potatoes, and green beans with a mustard seed dressing. Here are some out of the many shots we took!
Lizzy and Viv
Denim, suede, and leather button down skirts are one of the biggest trends this fall inspired by 70’s style, and by far one of my favorites that has come back into fashion. Style with cropped, knitted (for more of a cozy fall look), or any boxy top, and wear with ankle booties, sandals or sneakers for a more casual look. Here are some ideas to help you pick out the perfect skirt for this fall.
Photos from: Urban Outfitters, Zara, and Mango
Lizzy and Viv
Sorry for the lack of posts this past week. Emily, Viv, and me (Lizzy) were all on vacation last week, but were all back now and we have some new and yummy posts in store to share. For today however, I am super excited to share with all of you this DIY floral bath salt recipe I created. These are really easy and quick to make, and are great little gifts to give or to make for yourself . Enjoy xox
- Dried Flowers: I used sage and dried roses, but you can use any type of flowers or even add herbs of your choice. While on vacation I stopped by a little organic foods store where I bought the dried rose petals and sage, but you can reuse flower petals from a bouquet of flowers in your home and dry them out yourself by putting them in an air-tight container overnight.
- Bath Salts: The bath salts I used were lavender and lemongrass which I’ve collected over the years from little hotel room. Who knew after all these years of collecting little shampoo and conditioner bottles that it would actually pay off! If you don’t have these hanging around your house though, you also can also buy himalayan or mineral sea salts too at your local grocery store. Also a fun thing to try is to add your favorite essential oils fragrance and mix it around with the sea salts to the fragrance and texture of your liking!
- Jar/Bag: In the photos I used a small linen bag (which I have tons of lying around in my room and closet), which are really pretty to use if you’re going to give it as a gift. However I suggest putting the bath mixture in a glass container if you want to store a bigger amount.
Also using different types of flowers and herbs will give your bath salt mixture different fragrances and textures, but its also fun to keep in mind the different colors you use. I chose to include dark pink roses and sage into my mixture to give it more of a fall theme.
I know this is the second recipe post in a row but Emily and I (Lizzy) were so excited to create these two acai bowls we couldn’t resist. These make for a super healthy and delicious breakfast and also make for a yummy afternoon snack. Check out these two creations we made. Enjoy!
- Greek Yogurt
- Strawberries (about 20 small)
- Blueberries (about 10
- Granola 1/4 cup
- Nectarine or Peaches 1
- Chia Seeds (about a teaspoon)
Blend greek yogurt and strawberries in a blender until smooth. This will turn into a liquid texture but you can always add more yogurt to the consistency of your choice. Add granola, blueberries, nectarines, currants and chia seed and enjoy!
- Greek Yogurt
- Coconut Shavings
Blend Greek Yogurt blueberries and raspberries in a blender until smooth. Like the first recipe add the amount of yogurt and blueberries and raspberries to the consistency of your liking and color of your liking. Add as much granola, currants, coconut shavings, and strawberries as you’d like for decoration. Hope you all enjoyed these quick easy breakfast ideas and enjoy!
Lizzy and Emily
Sorry we haven’t been posting much this month. It always seems there’s even less time during the summer when in reality there should be more time, rather than during the regular school year. Anyway Emily and I (Lizzy) prepared a rose lemonade recipe which we are super excited to share with you! Now that it actually feels like summer now this is the perfect quick and easy recipe to make. Enjoy xox
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a small saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil. Add in the strawberries and boil for 2 minutes. Mash strawberries with a fork to extract color. Strain mixture through a fine sieve. Add in rose water and lemon juice.
- Place lemon mixture in a pitcher to serve or pour into a glass for a quick yummy refreshment. We used these milk bottles. Add water and ice to your liking and a few macaroons of course!
Lizzy and Emily
Recently I was introduced to the photographer Massimo Vitai and I absolutely love his work. He is an Italian photographer based in Lucca who takes incredible photographs to capture details at beaches and other public spaces. Here are some of my favorites of his work.
First of all Happy July, hope you all had a great long weekend. Sorry this post is a little late, but I finally got a minute to put together my June favorites for you! Enjoy xox
1. Consider the Wldfwrs: vegetable leather ring pouch
2. Almost Makes Perfect: diy macrame plant hangers
3. Urban Outfitters: kimichi blue round mini backpack
4. Herbivore Botanicals: aloe + coconut after sun body oil
5. Leif: Gold Foil Pocket Notebook Set
It is essential to any girls wardrobe to find that perfect summer sandal. For me that search can be difficult, so to help make the search for the perfect find a little bit easier here are some of my favorite simple, functional and stylish sandals that will be a great staple to your summer wardrobe.
Sandals from Urban Outfitters and Zara.