Homemade donuts as you probably have seen are taking over the internet, and after making a batch of my own I totally understand why. These donuts are a much healthier options compared to fried donuts, and although are much cakier density, taste just as delicious, and in my opinion even better. Follow these 5 easy steps to make some delicious donuts of your own!
– 2 cup of all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup of all white sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup milk
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla and butter. Beat together until well blended.
4. Pour the batter about 3/4 into the molds. Try not to pour too much, because the donuts will rise.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, until donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
If you are not a fan of frosting or icing you donuts, you can roll or dust them in cinnamon sugar, which taste amazing too! On my donuts I used edible flowers to decorate mine, but you can also add some red, white and blue sprinkles for your 4th of July celebrations this weekend!